I used to believe that with the introduction of Smartphones, tablets, and compact Smart devices, the market for Mp3 players went down. To some extent, this is true, but there is still a good demand for Mp3 players.
As per my knowledge, the number of people who use an Mp3 player today is comparatively very low, as Smart devices like mobile phones and tablets offer this feature. With the introduction of Smartphones, to be frank, I also stopped using an Mp3 player. However, recently, I considered purchasing an Mp3 player as using my Smartphone for a long time has been draining its battery and the lifetime of battery seems to be decreasing with time.
Best Mp3 Players in India
As I mentioned above, the demand for an Mp3 player is comparatively very low when compared to the demand in the year 2001. However, if you check the Indian market today you will find more than 100 Mp3 players from which you can purchase one.
Bestselling Mp3 players Online in India
It is not easy to select the best Mp3 player from this long list of products is not that easy; therefore, we have selected five best Mp3 players available on the Indian market today.
1. Sony NWZ-B183F Walkman MP3 Player with Built-in FM Tuner
Sony has a reputation for manufacturing and marketing top quality music players in India. Unlike most of the Mp3 players available on the Indian market today, this product comes with an overall dimension of 84.8 x 23.6 x 15.3mm and has an overall weight of 30 grams.
Things we liked
- Comes with an inbuilt storage capacity of 8GB
- The product comes incorporated with extra features like FM-player
- Has a large battery capacity that can help the Mp3 player offer a maximum playback time up to 20 Hrs
- This product comes with both input and output terminals
- This Mp3 player has a USB port which is ver 2.0 and therefore offers high-speed data transfer
- Unlike most of the Mp3 players, this device comes designed to be charged within 3 minutes to deliver 90 minutes playback
- Designed to deliver high bass audio
- At optimal volume, the product can offer a playback time up to 23 Hrs
- The product comes with an overall weight of 30 grams only
Things we did not like
- Even though this product comes from the brand Sony, it is not shockproof, if the product falls down accidentally, then the product will start malfunctioning.
2. M Tech Digital Display Mini Mp3 Player with Data Cable & Earphone
Are you looking for an Mp3 player that is compact, stylish, and efficient at the same time? Then, M Tech digital display Mini Mp3 player is the best option for you. This product comes with earphones and data cable that is commonly not offered with an Mp3 player.
Things we liked
- The entire product comes made of 100% solid plastic, which makes this Mp3 player lightweight
- Comes with a high-quality LED display that is efficient to display music details etc
- This Mp3 player is designed to provide the user with a user-friendly experience
- The manufacturer offers earphones and data cables with this product that helps the user listen to music and transfer data from a PC or laptop with ease
- This product comes with a feature that will allow the user to expand the memory up to 32 GB
- Comes with a 2.5mm audio output port
- A micro USB port for efficient charging of the device
- The product comes with a 10-day replacement warranty
Things we did not like
- This Mp3 player is designed to play only Mp3 audio format
- Comes with a small battery that can offer comparatively lesser audio playback time
3. Xzor Urban Play Sportster H94 MP3 Player
Xzor Urban Play Sportster H94 Mp3 player is the best option for you if you need an Mp3 player that is designed for heavy-duty use. Unlike the above-mentioned Mp3 player, this product comes designed for long-lasting durability and for superior sound quality. We recommend this product for people who work out a lot.
Things we liked
- Designed to last long
- The entire product comes made of lightweight material and therefore, the entire Mp3 player is lightweight
- Comes in a striking design that makes the product look unique and attractive at the same time
- Comes in 3 different sizes, small, medium, and large earphone buds
- The manufacturer offers siliconized and flexible earphones with this product
- The earphones that come with this product comes with ear hooks that make this product compatible with sports and workouts
- The player comes with Clip-on attached to it that can help the user clip the player to their dress
- The manufacturer offers this product with a 6-month warranty period
Things we did not like
- Some customers review the product to deliver poor sound quality and poor battery life
4. M Tech Digital Display Mini Mp3 Player with Earphone & Data Cable
This Mp3 player comes from the top brand M Tech and it is one of the best Mp3 Players available on the Indian market today. The Mp3 player comes incorporated with a high-quality LED display and the product comes designed to play all quality mP3 files.
Things we liked
- This Mp3 player comes with a 4GB inbuilt memory
- The product comes designed to offer maximum music playback time
- This Mp3 player is designed in such a way the device can be connected to a laptop or personal computer to transfer the music
- The product also comes with an option that allows the user to insert a memory card with storage space up to 32 GB
- The entire product comes made of high-quality plastic
- The manufacturer offers headphone, data cable, and charger with this product
- The product comes with a LED display that can enable the user view music name, volume, and other details
- This Mp3 player comes with 3.5 mm audio output jack and with Bluetooth for wireless connection
Things we did not like
- The battery incorporated into this product is comparatively small and the offers very less playback time.
5. Zebronics Vita Plus Portable Speaker
Zebronics has a legacy of manufacturing and marketing high-quality audio and video players on the Indian market today. Unlike most of the products listed above, the Mp3 player comes with Bluetooth technology incorporated and with FM Radio option.
Things we liked
- This Mp3 player comes incorporated with Bluetooth version 4.2
- This product comes incorporated with a battery that can deliver a maximum playback time up to 5 hours
- The device can be charged to full-charge within 1 to 2 hours
- The manufacturer has incorporated full charge indicator that alerts the user when the product is fully charged
- This product comes with metallic ear cups and allows the user to attend calls
- This Mp3 player comes with high-quality volume and media control
- This product comes with an option that allows the user to insert micro SD card
- This Mp3 player is lightweight and comes incorporated with clip-on that enable the user to pin the player to the dress with ease
Things we did not like
- This product can be used as a hands-free device, however, as the battery capacity offered by this product is small, therefore, the product cannot be used for a prolonged time
Buying Guide that can help you select the best Mp3 Player
There are different types of Mp3 players available on the Indian market today, each of these Mp3 players can come from different brands and with different features. Therefore, selecting the best Mp3 Player can be confusing. Here are some factors that can help you select the best Mp3 Players.
- Brand – As mentioned above, different Mp3 players come from a different brand and each brand has its own reputation and style of manufacturing and marketing their products. When it comes to purchasing an Mp3 Player, the brand matters a lot, only top brand manufactures, markets top quality, and best Mp3 Players. Sony, Zebronics, M Tech, Apple, Philips, Portronics, and Transcend are few of the top brands in India that markets top rated Mp3 Players.
- Audio quality – One of the main reasons why we recommend purchasing an Mp3 Player is that Mp3 Players are designed to offer comparatively better and heightened sound quality over Smartphones. Not all Mp3 Players come designed to offer this feature, therefore, it is very important that you check the product specification or customer reviews and then purchase an Mp3 player accordingly.
- Resolution – Most of the people relate resolution to video, here resolution refers to audio. To understand resolution, a person should have in-depth knowledge of audio technology. Let us not waste time going there, to be precise while purchasing an Mp3 player make sure that you are purchasing a device that can play audio with at least 44.1kHz at a 16-bit sample rate and depth. Remember, any Mp3 Player with this specification or above this specification provide better audio resolution.
- Storage capacity – No one today will consider purchasing an Mp3 player that can play CD or DVD; this is the age of inbuilt storage. Different Mp3 players come with different inbuilt data storage space. The storage space in an Mp3 player can vary from 1 GB to as high or 256 GB, selecting the appropriate device with suitable storage space is up to you. However, remember, never go for an Mp3 player with the least storage space. Consider purchasing a device with a minimum of 4 to 8GB memory.
- Battery capacity – An Mp3 player with comes with an inbuilt battery, this inbuilt battery powers the Mp3 player. As the battery capacity increases the playback, the time offered by the Mp3 player also increases. However, as the battery capacity increases the price of the device also increases. Nevertheless, we will recommend that if you are on a budget then you should consider purchasing a device with medium battery capacity.
- File format – Most people think that an Mp3 player is designed to play Mp3 files only, no, even though the device is called an Mp3 player, it can play different file formats. The number of file formats that an Mp3 player can play dictates the efficiency of the device. We recommend that you consider purchasing an Mp3 player that can play a maximum number of different file formats.
- Design – Mp3 player can come in different designs, the design here refers to the external appearance of the product. An Mp3 player as you know can come in different sizes and in different shapes. If you check the Indian market, you can find stylish and attractive Mp3 players from the top brands. Based on your requirement and compatibility, select and purchase an appropriate Mp3 player.
- Controls – This is where most people get confused. Controls incorporated into an Mp3 player could be a button or touch-sensitive. To our point of view, if you are purchasing a premium Mp3 player that comes from a reputed brand, only then go for a device with a touch-sensitive control. If you are not going for top brands, then consider devices with buttons controls only.
- Extra features – An Mp3 player can come with different extra features like water resistance, Bluetooth, display, etc. Among these extra features, we would recommend that you consider purchasing a device with a water resistance feature that can come handy in helping you use the device in water.
Types of mp3 Players:
Customer choices differ and depending on it, the product to have lots of variation. The mp3 players are also of different types depending on your plan of how you are going to use it, how many songs you will keep or how much you are willing to pay. On the basis of all these factors, these are the basic types of players.
- Flash Memory Players: It is light and small. It can store not many songs like the hard drive. These are ideal for exercisers. It is because its storage is very low, generally having a capacity that ranges between 10 songs to 570 songs. So people having large collections tend not to buy these. However, players can sometimes store up to 2000 songs, and battery generally lasts for 28 hours. These are mostly preferred due to their ultra-compactness and no moving parts, hence no skipping. These are one of the best mp3 players for running.
- Hard Drive Players: These are best for people who look for large storage that can contain entire music collections, podcast downloads, videos, photographs, etc. But because of so many diverse features, it consumes more power. Hence the battery life is much less like around 8 to 20 hours for music and 6 hours for video playbacks. It is preferable for its huge capacity. But you may shy away from bringing this to the gym or jog for its large size. Depending on their size, these are one of the best mp3 players in India under 1000.
- Mini Hard Drive Players: These are much smaller in size and have reduced internal storage up to only 8 GB. They are lighter and easy to carry. They are similar to their bigger size in functioning. However, they are vulnerable to skipping if they face heavy movement. In fact, both the types, big and small, do not have the option of changing batteries but only rechargeable batteries. They are the best mp3 players in India under 500 as per their size.
- MP3 CD Players: Much larger in size, they are a type of CD player that can play music and audio files. A CD burner is necessary as the audio files are burned into the CD discs and then used. It is cheaper than the ones discussed above.
- MiniDisc Mp3 Players: For the ones who prefer MiniDisc technology, Sony mp3 player has a MiniDisc Walkman digital mp3 player. Generally, the player supports the Sony trademark file format ATRAC3, but it also supports formats like MP3, WMA, WAV. It is very much efficient as it can hold approximately 600 songs and has a battery life of 30 hours from a single battery.
- The Hybrid Player: With advancing technologies, the mp3 players are no longer only used for listening to music or watching videos. It is additional features like satellite radios, DVD players, sunglasses, swim goggles, etc. the players having such additional uses are hybrid players.
- It is cheaper than smartphones
- It reduces your screen time.
- It frees you from distractions like text alert or other notifications.
- The battery lasts for longer than smartphones
- Portable Mp3 players come with sharing options like Bluetooth and USB cords that make things easier to use. Now songs can also be downloaded online.
- Their space can be increased by putting external SD cards.
- It can be helpful in storing large music collections which you can carry anywhere. Storing it on the phone could have cause storage and functionality issues on the phone.
- The biggest drawback of an mp3 player is its low audio quality as compared to CD. It compromises the music quality while compressing more audios in the device.
- The data can be lost due to its susceptibility to malware dysfunctions and virus attacks.
Selecting an Mp3 player from the market today is not an easy task; this is why we have selected five best Mp3 players from the Indian market today and we have mentioned the factors that you need to consider selecting the best Mp3 player from the market today.